Are you interested in knowing more about God but not sure how?
Here are 5 ways to know more of God
- Read Scripture – This might sound like an obvious answer to some of you. But to tell the truth, it is often not one that we complete each day. Remember, Scripture was written with this very idea in mind – that we might know more of God.
- Study Scripture – Yes, start with reading the Bible. However, make sure that you spend time studying the in’s and out’s. See the connections. See the bigger picture.
- Meditate on Scripture – If you want to really get an idea of who God is and how He interacts with His people you must do more than just read and study it. You really must be one to meditate on it day and night. This means think about it even when you are not reading it.
- Memorize Scripture – Most of you would try to tell me that you can’t memorize things anymore. It’s just not in you. But I would venture to guess that if I offered you $100 for every verse that you could quote to me by Sunday you might just get to memorizing. Cherish God’s Word more than silver and gold.
- Teach Scripture – The best way to learn anything is to have to explain it to someone else. Take time to share what you are learning with a friend, a family member, a neighbor, co-worker, or random person at the store!