Matthew Smith is hands down one of the most gifted Student Ministers I have ever worked with. I will say that I am very thankful for others that I have worked with in the past and am indebted to them in many ways.
- Able to teach the Bible – This must take place in every student ministry.
- Able to commit time to students – You can’t qualify yourself as a student minister if you are never with students. It just doesn’t work.
- Able to be an adult – As with the children’s minister, this person cannot simply be an older version of the teenagers.
- Able to train adults – In order for the student ministry to function long after the student minister is gone he must raise up quality leaders and train them to be successful.
- Able to equip parents – Discipleship begins at home!